We are always looking for new talent to join our growing team. We invite you to learn a little about our office, then reach out to us about any of the available opportunities listed below.
Grow Your Career with TruexCullins
Our studio-based practice provides employees with the opportunity to build their expertise focused on specific markets, or, if they wish, to broaden their experience across multiple project types.
We have an in-house mentorship program and studio-based educational opportunities, so you will learn from your peers and benefit from opportunities for advancement.
For this, TruexCullins received the Emerging Professional Friendly Firm Award by AIA New England, a program that recognizes firms that promote the advancement of Emerging Professionals through professional development and personal growth opportunities.
Compensation + Benefits
Supporting the Whole You
We offer competitive compensation with full benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance; 401k retirement plans and profit-sharing.
Recognizing that a healthy work/life balance is important for all of us, we also provide stipends for educational expenses, a wellness benefit at a local gym, team social events, and an annual office field trip.
We value our time together, but also give employees the freedom to design their own hybrid schedule, with support for remote work options. But when you do come in to the office, feel free to bring Fido, as we are also dog-friendly.
Welcome Home: You’ll Love it Here!
Our office is located in a historic building on the waterfront in downtown Burlington, Vermont. Our city is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live, with a high quality of life and a thriving small-business economy.
Burlington is a vibrant college town, with an active arts scene, outdoor festivals and live music. We have the most breweries per capita and have been ranked the best state for local food and farmers markets.
Nestled on the edge of the Green Mountains, you’ll enjoy four seasons of outdoor adventures, such as hiking, biking, and the best skiing in the East. And, we should add, some pretty awesome sunsets over Lake Champlain!
Current Open Positions
We currently have the following open positions:
To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume, and work sample in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interior Designer - Residential
We are currently seeking an Interior Designer with 5-7 years of experience to work in our residential design studio. Your projects will include custom interiors for homes in Vermont and throughout the northeast. You will collaborate with interior designers and architects in our office and work directly with clients, consultants, vendors, and local craftspeople and artisans.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in interior design or a related field
- 5-7 years full-time professional experience in residential interior design
- Proficiency in Revit and Adobe Creative Suite, and the ability to produce design and construction drawings. 3D renderings skills a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of the interior design process including: programming, interior space planning, schematics, research, selection and specifying materials and FF&E, detailing, construction documents, consultant coordination, and construction administration
- Familiarity with specifying plumbing and lighting fixtures; kitchen design; millwork design and detailing.
- Ability to manage priorities efficiently and effectively on multiple projects either independently or as part of a team
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and presentation skills to effectively communicate and collaborate with your teams, clients and consultants
- NCIDQ certification a plus
- Potential for travel to site locations
Architectural Project Manager
TruexCullins is seeking an architect with 10+ years of experience to manage commercial and hospitality projects of various sizes.
Qualified candidates should hold a Bachelor or Masters degree in architecture and hold an architectural license or be on the path toward registration. Proficiency in Revit and knowledge of building science and codes is required. The candidate should have the ability to create successful work plans, manage a team of internal staff and consultants, and work within established deadlines and project budgets.
TruexCullins is currently seeking a Sustainability Coordinator to join our integrated team of architects and interior designers.
The candidate should be an experienced and detail-oriented individual who demonstrates a passion for sustainability in the built environment. They will be encouraged to promote carbon reduction strategies, resilient design, and advanced energy efficiency knowledge across the firm and lead efforts to incorporate these sustainable design methodologies into all phases of our work.
- Provide support to project teams to establish and implement sustainability goals on architectural projects
- Perform materials research and maintain the TruexCullins architectural materials library, vetting products to ensure they meet the firm’s sustainability and health standards
- Write project specifications
- Assist with sustainability submittal reviews
- Coordinate and assist with in-house energy modelling and LCA studies, using computational design tools such as Tally and Cove.tool.
- Act as LEED Administrator for LEED registered projects. Complete documentation and credit calculations and coordinate consultant documentation.
- Lead the firm’s efforts to meet the goals of the AIA 2030 Commitment. Track project performance metrics including LPD and EUI and coordinate reporting to the AIA.
- Interface with internal and external team members, including clients, architects, engineers, contractors and commissioning agents. Liaison with energy efficiency utilities, such as Efficiency Vermont, BED and VGS.
At TruexCullins, we believe that fostering and nurturing new generations of designers is an important part of supporting our profession and our community. We see the internship process as a partnership where Architecture and Interior Design students receive “real world” experience and our firm benefits from a fresh exchange of ideas. We strive to offer interns broad exposure to all facets of the design process and give them an opportunity to work “hands on” along with our staff. All TruexCullins internships are paid positions.
If you wish to be considered for an opening, please send a cover letter, resume, and work sample/portfolio in PDF form to: email@example.com
TruexCullins offers shadowing opportunities to area high school students who are interested in design careers. Shadowing sessions typically last a few hours, depending on the needs of the student, and offer a brief look at what it’s like to work in an architecture and interior design firm. Students, teachers, or parents interested in shadowing opportunities can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the name of the school the student currently attends, their grade level, date and time requests and other program requirements. Our ability to offer these opportunities is based on staff schedules and availability.